The City of Zachary is located only 14 miles north of downtown Baton Rouge. With the presence of major employers such as Georgia-Pacific, BASF, ExxonMobil, Great Southern Galvanizing, Entergy and Lane Regional Medical Center, Zachary has a strong local workforce and new site location opportunities for any size business looking for a place in the Louisiana capital region. The population of Zachary has grown 35% since 2000 with the median household income at $72,914. In 2013, the census estimated 15,894 residents within the city limits and approximately 27,000 within the school district limits. The Zachary Community School System has been the number one public school system in the state of Louisiana for the past thirteen consecutive years.
Zachary serves as an employment, retail and healthcare destination for the northern capital region. In 2014, Retail Attractions analyzed the Zachary trade area and determined 117,602 people frequent the city of Zachary for healthcare, retail, and restaurant services. Our city has a clear vision for the future and has emerged as a regional economic development partner.
Zachary’s centralized location north of the capital city is just off of I-110 and US Hwy 61. East-West commerce is simplified via the Audubon Bridge, which has helped to make US Hwy 61 a major link between South Louisiana and the central part of the state and beyond. I-110 connects travelers to I-10 and 12 in Baton Rouge.
The Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport is conveniently located less than 15 minutes from Zachary. BR Metro serves as a regional hub for major carriers like American, Delta, United and US Airways. The Louis Armstrong International Airport is located in nearby New Orleans and provides access to all major national and international destinations.
With a business-friendly tax and incentive structure, Zachary companies are able to hold down operating costs while improving their ROI.
- – Workforce recruiting and training programs at little or no cost to qualifying companies through the number-one ranked FastStart workforce training program, available at no cost to any manufacturing, corporate HQ, warehouse & distribution, R&D, or other strategic facility committed to creating at least fifteen new jobs and service-related operation committed to creating at least fifty new jobs.
- – A wide range of sales tax exemptions is available to reduce start-up and annual operating costs.
- – Special discretionary incentives at the local and state level can be used to meet specific needs of a company on a case-by-case basis:
- – East Baton Rouge Quality Jobs
- – East Baton Rouge Enterprise Zone Program
- – Workforce Investment Board
City of Zachary
4700 Main Street
Zachary, LA 70791
Economic Development Board Members:
Scott Devillier, President __ [e-mail]
David Amrhein, Mayor of Zachary __ [e-mail]
Brandon Noel, Councilman __ [e-mail]
Ben Cavin, Councilman __ [e-mail]
Brandy Westmoreland, Zachary Community School Bd . Member __ [e-mail]
Brent Fuselier, Business Owner __ [e-mail]
Mark Anderson, Chief Financial Officer, Lane Regio nal Medical Center __ [e-mail]
Beth Kimmell, Zachary Co mmunity Schools __ [e-mail]
Harry Morris, Past President of Bank of Zachary __ [e-mail]